Thursday, March 26, 2015

Something Better

There is always someone out there who is doing something more and something seemingly better than you. That is simply a fact of life. If you look for ways in which you think you don't measure up to the rest of the world, you will most definitely find them. It's difficult to remember this sometimes when I see others who are more ahead in their careers than I am or when I find out about people who travel more than I do. It's easy to get down about this, even though I am blessed with the opportunity to travel and have a job - even an office job! - which affords me a bit of time and a smidgen of spare income to visit many of the places that I have always wanted to see. It's easy to think about how I don't get to spend the time I want to abroad or how I wish I could travel instead. But the fact of the matter is I am doing the best that I can with the resources that I have been given. The way that I travel is exactly all that I can do given where I am in life right now. And that is okay!

Sometimes we need to sit back and remind ourselves that we are doing okay. Knowing that we are doing is the best that we can in our lives should be enough for us to keep moving forward. The only person we should be comparing ourselves to is the person that we want to be in the future. If I can keep my feet on the ground, I know I'll be able to get the travel life I actually want in the future. So in my life, I resolve to continue finding a work-[travel]life balance that suits my place in life and to try my hardest not to get ahead of myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment