Friday, February 26, 2016

I've Got the Itch

My name is Tippe and I am a travelholic.

Hanging out with Ava
on Wednesday
Yes, it's true! It seems that I will only be at "home" in Utah for two - yes, TWO! - of the next TEN weekends! As we speak, I am sitting in an airport on a layover waiting for a flight to Georgia. And last weekend I was visiting Madison/Milwaukee/Chicago. And the weekend before that I was in Paris. Thankfully I was in Utah the weekend before that one, because that was when my very first and very beautiful niece, Ava, was born! Don't worry - I will most definitely teach her my Jedi Travel techniques one day soon!

Took a laptop selfie at CLT airport just now. It's proof!
My travel agenda is mainly dictated by any deals I can find out there, and last year was a difficult year to beat in terms of deals. It is a rare thing for me to not have trips planned, but at the start of 2016, I honestly had ZERO flights booked. And all of a sudden, a barrage of deals hit the blogosphere and now here I am :) So here is a summary of what the next 10 weeks hold in store for me:

  • This weekend: Savannah, GA. And Hilton Head Island, SC. Just because London didn't work out.
  • Next weekend: New York City! I will be attending the Women's Travel Festival and helping to spread the word about this amazing Facebook group and travel community I'm a part of called Girls Love Travel. And mayyyybeee I'll have my website up by then! I just ordered business cards so that's exciting!
  • 3rd weekend: Utah. Yes, I will be home this weekend in March. My parents are flying in to visit Ava and I have to pick them up from the airport. I also hope to watch Aida at the Utah Opera this weekend.
  • 4th weekend: Orlando. My parents are also going to visit DisneyWorld and Universal Studios while they're in the mainland and I'll join them for a couple of days.
  • 5th weekend. Utah again. I have to take my parents to the airport again when they fly home to Hawaii this weekend.
  • 6th weekend. Phoenix. I will be attending the American Planning Association's National Planning Conference in Phoenix for work this week! Yes, occasionally I have to work on the weekends, too. I booked my trip so I get there a day early and I hope to visit Sedona and/or part of the Grand Canyon this weekend as well.
  • 7th weekend. Japan! I took advantage of the dirt cheap fares to Tokyo last week. I have no idea what I'll do there yet, but I do know that I will be spending at least one night in a capsule hotel/hostel if only for the experience. I also want to find many Totoro things!
  • 8th and 9th weekend. Australia! This is an actual vacation and not just a fun weekend for me. I will be taking 10 days and visiting Sydney and Melbourne. I want to come back to do the Great Barrier Reef when I get SCUBA certified, but for now I don't have enough time to do all three places, sadly. Very sadly. Why is Australia so far away??? 
  • 10th weekend. Puerto Rico. Yes, I also took advantage of the $200 flight deal to San Juan from SLC. Should be a good time!
I am going to be SOOOO tired by the time I get back from all these trips in May. But it is SO worth it! And this doesn't include the trip to Rio I have booked for Memorial Day weekend at the end of May. Yeah, I'm a total travel addict! But hey, if you ever want me to come visit you wherever you are, let me know, and you can be sure I'll make it happen :)

Flying from CLE to CLT early this morning. It's definitely winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment