Sunday, January 3, 2016

2015 in Review

2015 has been a very exciting year in travel for me. I have no idea how 2016 can possibly live up to the past year, but I'll try to make it a good one. It took me some time to calculate this out, but I want to share this infographic with you summarizing my travels in 2015:


I think I did a good job with my travel goals from last year (read about them here). I met most of my travel goals for the year. I got to visit Dubai, swim in Jellyfish Lake in Palau, see the Taj Mahal, go on a couple of safaris (in South Africa and in Dubai!), and I went home to Hawaii four times. I even ran the Honolulu Marathon. One of my goals was to backpack through Europe, and while I did not have enough time to do a proper backpacking trip, I did make it to Prague! And I visited Germany for about a week, so I'll check that one off as well. I used most of my vacation time I was saving for that trip on several amazing travel deals to Central America, so I got to visit a handful of countries there instead. Here is a map of my travels this year:



Some of the things I didn't get to do last year are see the Northern Lights, visit Chicago, hike to Havasupai, and hike to the Wave. While I didn't get to go to Chicago this year, I actually have a trip planned for February, finally! And Havauspai didn't work out last year because the weekend I made reservations for ended up being the weekend that my best friend from USC got married in Alabama, so I will try again this year. I also did have a chance to hike to the Wave this fall, but the weather prohibited us from actually going on the hike, so I will have to try for that again this year as well. And I have no idea when or where I will ever see the Northern Lights. I think that is something that may be on my revolving travel wish list.

I'm pretty proud of my 2015 travel accomplishments! I can't believe I was able to do so much! Stay tuned for my 2016 Travel Goals and see what I will try to accomplish this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment